Have you ever been lazy, but also really wanted dessert? I feel like this applies to most people, most of the time. Enter these nut-stuffed, chocolate covered date bites. They taste kind of like a snickers, they are ridiculously easy to make and they require exactly zero special equipment. Sounds too good to be true? You better believe they’re sophreakingood!
Chocolate Covered Date Bites
Grab some dates and some nuts and get ready for a delicious dessert!
- 6 dates
- 12 almonds (or pecans, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc)
- 3-4 squares dark chocolate (70% or greater)
- Split each date in half and remove the pit.
- Insert an almond into a date half and press to form the date into a sort of ball around the almond. Continue until all the dates and nuts have been used up.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between. Use a fork to dip each date ball into the chocolate mixture. Shake off excess chocolate and place onto a plate (you can line the plate with a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking).
- Once everything has been dipped, place in the freezer to set until chocolate hardens.