This delicious crunchy salad has a rich, creamy dressing and is perfect for spring. It’s pretty much the only reason I buy radishes, but it’s definitely worth it. Bright bitter radishes and cool cucumbers provide crunch, while creamy avocado and tangy yogurt create a thick, irresistible dressing for this salad. Throw in some fresh herbs and you’ve got yourself an incredibly easy and delicious salad. Served with spicy chicken or shrimp, it’s the perfect cooling side dish!
Quick Facts: The trick to getting the dressing for this salad extra creamy is to gently mash some of the avocado slices with the back of a spoon or fork. Add in a pinch of salt and stir the salad, gently mashing up some of the avocado against the sides of the bowl. Leave a good portion of the avocado in slices, though – it creates good balance when paired with crunchy cucumbers and radishes.
- In a bowl, combine radishes, cucumbers, onions, and herbs. Stir to combine.
- Add in sliced avocado and salt, and mix well – use the back of the spoon to gently mash a few of the avocado slices.
- Finally, add in the yogurt and mix everything to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve immediately, or chill for a few hours in the refrigerator – mix well to combine before serving.
This salad is creamy, crunchy, refreshing and sophreakin’ good!
- small bunch of radishes (10-15 small radishes), finely sliced
- 2 medium pickle cucumbers, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- fresh mint, dill and parsley, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup total)
- 1 avocado, finely sliced
- several pinches of good quality salt (such as Himalayan pink salt)
- 1/4 cup of plain Balkan or Greek style yogurt (or sour cream)