This recipe is more for the dressing than the salad. This dressing goes well with a bowl of any vegetables. It could be a winter salad if you’d like… I won’t judge. This particular salad is crunchy, tangy and studded with delicious morsels of feta cheese and roasted sunflower seeds. Quick Facts: Walnut oil is choc-full of antioxidants to help prevent and repair damage caused by free radicals, as well as monounsaturated fats that help keep your cardiovascular system healthy. If you don’t have walnut oil, extra virgin olive oil works as well, although the taste will be a bit fruitier and less nutty.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Pour over salad and toss well until everything is evenly coated.
This salad makes a great lunch with a hardboiled egg served on top, or a delicious side with dinner! Either way, its sophreakin’ good!
- spring mix (or other lettuce of your choice – romaine, iceberg, etc)
- celery, thinly sliced
- pickle cucumbers, thinly sliced
- green onions, thinly sliced
- tomato, thinly sliced
- roasted sunflower seeds
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- squeeze of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/8-1/4 cup of walnut oil (depending on desired amount)