There is nothing complicated about this recipe. It is literally as easy as coating chicken with gluten free crumbs. The thing is, I didn’t know until very recently that alternatives to bread crumbs existed. But they do. And they make any cut of chicken instantly crispier and infinitely more appealing to my children.
Gluten Free Crispy Chicken
- Chicken drumsticks (or thighs, wings, breast, etc)
- Gluten free crumbs (I prefer potato or rice based crumbs - check the ingredients!)
- Salt (and any other seasoning you like!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Pour crumbs into a shallow, wide bowl
- Season each piece of chicken with salt (and any other seasonings) and then press into the crumbs so that everything is coated. Place onto baking tray
- Bake for 45 min to 1 hour, until everything is GBD (golden brown and delicious). You can broil on high for 1-2 minutes at the end for some additional color
There are intentionally no measurements for this recipe, as it is infinitely scalable. You can make 2 of 20 drumsticks – the method is exactly the same. This gluten free crispy chicken is absolutely delicious straight out of the oven, but if you have left-overs, the best way to heat them up is in the air fryer or toaster oven!