This sweet carrot salad is beyond easy to prepare and makes a great addition to a meal of rice-free maki rolls! Bursting with sweet and sour flavours, it’s a great way to add some crunch to your next meal.
Quick facts: Beta carotene is the name of the game with this salad – the major form of vitamin A found in carrots. In order for our bodies to properly convert beta carotene into vitamin A, it must be consumed with some form of dietary fat. The walnut oil in this dressing is a great source of alpha-linolenic acid (an omega 3 fatty acid), gamma-tocopherol (a form of vitamin E) and phytosterols – molecules that all help to lower cholesterol and maintain a healthy heart and blood vessels!
- Grate carrots into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, except for the sesame seeds. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and mix until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and enjoy!
As simple as it gets, this salad comes together in minutes! Try it today – it’s sophreakin’ good!
- 1 tbsp tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 large carrots, finely grated
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted