These Lazy Cabbage Rolls aren’t really cabbage rolls at all! It’s a type of hash made with ground meat and vegetables, served over rice, that tastes exactly like the real deal!
Lazy Cabbage Rolls Recipe
These aren't cabbage rolls at all! Made in just 20 minutes, this recipe is a hash with all the comforting, delicious flavours of cabbage rolls inside.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs ground meat (chicken, beef, lamb, turkey, etc)
- salt, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp dried or fresh dill
- 1 tbsp dried coriander
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 small can tomato paste 156 ml
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, date syrup)
- Heat up olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Cook onions with a pinch of salt until they are golden brown and fragrant.
- Add in ground meat, more salt, dill coriander and garlic- cook for about 5 minutes, until nearly cooked through, then add in tomato paste, vinegar and sweetener; stir well to combine.
- Add in shredded cabbage and carrots as well as another pinch of salt and stir well- continue cooking for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!