Paleo Cilantro Lime Guacamole
Believe it or not, the first time I tried guacamole was at a Mexican resort when I was already much too old to have been missing out on guacamole! It blew me away – so simple, and yet so flavourful! I’ve been making it myself ever since, and this particular version is my favourite.
It’s a classic – creamy avocado and bright herbs make it absolutely delicious! Serve it as a side dish to a Mexican-themed meal, as a salad to go with eggs in the morning, or as a dip for sliced veggies!
Quick facts: full of heart-healthy fats, avocadoes are a nutritional powerhouse! Add in cilantro and parsley for some anti-oxidant good measure and you’re guaranteed a delicious, nutritious dip!
- 2-3 ripe avocadoes, peeled (depending on their size and how creamy or chunky you like your guacamole to be)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of a whole lime
- several pinches of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place avocadoes in a bowl and mash against the sides of the bowl using a fork.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust salt and pepper as necessary.
This delicious cilantro lime guacamole is bright and delicious and, of course, sopheakin’ good!