How to make Beet Salad with Chickpeas – Healthy, delicious and filling salad | Gluten free & vegan
This beet salad is simple to make and tastes delicious warm or cold. As the flavours develop it becomes even better so make this a day ahead!
- 3-4 medium cooked beets (roasted, boiled, steamed)
- 1 large bunch of parsley or cilantro
- 3-4 celery stalks with the leaves
- Half a small red onion or 2-3 scallions
- 1 handful of pistachios, walnuts, pecans or any other kind of nuts
- 1 can of chickpeas
- Coriander, cumin, turmeric, granulated garlic, salt, cayenne pepper (or any other spices, to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (or any other kind of vinegar)
- Salt to taste
- Chop the beets, parsley, celery, onion and nuts and add to a large bowl
- Heat up a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet
- Rinse and drain chickpeas (rinse under cold water in a colander or sieve until there are no more bubbles – take your time with this, as it’s the liquid the chickpeas are canned in that causes bloating!)
- Add chickpeas to the hot oil, add in any spices you’d like, to taste, and fry for about 5 minutes or until chickpeas are warmed through, fragrant and delicious
- Add hot chickpeas to the bowl and dress salad with more extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt, to taste.
- Toss everything extremely well to coat and enjoy!
Bursting with nutrients and made with simple ingredients, this beet and roasted chickpea salad is sophreakingood!